Sunday 2 November 2014

The Ephemerality of Culture- New Exhibition!

Coming soon to the heart of Launceston is my exhibition 'The Ephemerality of Culture'


Exploring the transparency of Eastern European culture, customs and ritual, this exhibition engages the themes of folk design and architecture but in a more contemporary context. These multi-layered etchings are a personal interpretation on the way Western culture has lost a sense of tradition, becoming faded and ephemeral in this modern society.

I am really looking forward to this exhibition as my work has really changed and developed in the last six months. I am very passionate about folk art particularly in Eastern European traditions. I find myself drawn to the nostalgia of pattern and detail. Here are the details for the opening:




No comments:

Post a Comment