Wednesday 11 January 2012

Getting ready for another solo exhibition!

Here I have just a few sketches of my next exhibition. It is going to be in Rebecca Roth's little gallery down in Salamanca. I am really excited because although its a small area, its such a quirky environment. I think the rich reds in my work will resonate with the beautiful colours of the jewellery in the gallery! I only have a few sketches and documentation of my preparation but you can get an idea of how much work goes into it!



I am particularly interested in the 1920s. As you can see here the bob and head scarf has been definitely inspired by this era!

Here I have been sketching for a trolly to put all my prints in! It ended up looking fantastic!

Here are a few quirky drawings of just a skirt with legs. I have just been playing around with imagination and concept!

These are little sketches of dresses I am inspired by and hope to eventually make. The one in the bottom left corner I actually made in the end out of this beautiful vintage fabric!

The French inspired vintage bird cage.

Making dresses out of ye old fashioned architecture.

The vintage mannequin. With a twist...

My 1920s inspiration.

I love things that are so Frenchy. I did this drawing as it reminded me of the boutiques in Paris.

Experimenting with silhouettes on dress. I love the nostalgia about a silhouette and how it creates an ominous feeling.

Here I have just been doing some sketching of the red luscious frames I will have in the gallery at RR. They should look stunning!


...A dodgy sketch of all the works I intend to have in the gallery! It was a very quick sketch!

Here I have been further experimenting and deciding what to hang in the gallery. I think I will have a selection of big and small images. This will then suit a variety of people and their price ranges!

No comments:

Post a Comment